With Mother’s Day around the corner, here are six deals that will help you spend a special day with mom for free or at an affordable price. The deals include events happening before Mother's Day and on the big day.
1. Blo, a hair blow dry bar in Brickell and Midtown, is offering two for one hair styles or “blo outs” on Mother’s day. With the booking of one appointment for May 12, the second person will be free.For $35 customers can get a hair wash and then choose from seven styles featured in the Blo Hair Menu.
2. "Celebrating the Moms of Miami" is a free all-day events for moms. The Kendall health and beauty expo will feature talks by local experts, Zumba, spinning and Timba classes, and vendors who will display jewelry, cosmetics and health related products. The event will be on Wednesday May 8 from 7:20 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
3. "Mommy & Me" Date, Mother's Day with Pollo Tropical will be offering customers food for two for $9.99 on May 12. The deal can be claimed by texting “MOM” to 52198. The options for dining includes a choice of a small Create Your Own TropiChop or Quarter Chicken meal with rice and beans, choice of one regular size order of yuca sticks, sweet plantains or tostones, and two regular size fountain drinks.
4. Moms will be able to visit the Lion Country Safari by printing a coupon from their website.
A Mother’s Day meal will be available at their restaurant on May 12, and visitors will also be able to look on the preserve for the animal moms and babies.
5. A visit to Gold Coast Railroad Museum in Miami is free for moms on Mother’s Day.
The museum is one of three Official State Railroad Museums in Florida and showcases over three miles of tracks. It houses over 30 historic trains including classic railroad cars and uses artifacts, movies, and railroading materials to show its history and importance.
6. Stroller Strides Miami Beach Mother's Day Toy Drive for Miami Children's Hospital:
Moms and moms-to-be will be able to attend a free fitness stroller class and a playgroup raffles & refreshments at the South Pointe Park playground. The event will be on May 10 and in addition to the free classes, but to join moms must bring a new and unwrapped toy to donate to the Miami Children’s Hospital.