Child-Abuse Charges Dropped Against Ex-Dolphin Mark Duper

Jacksonville prosecutors drop charges against Duper

Thursday, Aug 8, 2013  |  Updated 8:57 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Greatest Dolphins

Mark Duper

Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

Florida prosecutors have dropped child-abuse charges against former Miami Dolphins receiver Mark Duper.

Prosecutors in Jacksonville, Fla., said the facts in the case did not warrant taking the case against the 54-year-old Duper to trial.

Duper had been accused of punching, body-slamming and choking his 17-year-old son last March. Duper's attorney George Cholakis said the teen had exaggerated what happened.

Former NFL star Hugh Green was at Duper's house when the altercation occurred. He said Duper's son started the fight and Duper was only defending himself.

Duper caught 511 passes during his 11 seasons with the Dolphins before retiring after the 1992 season and is on the team's honor roll.

More Local Stories:

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our New iPad App
Now optimized for iPad, NBC 6... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out