The city of Doral’s Administrative Aid to the Mayor resigned from his position Monday.
In a letter to the city manager, Gonzalo Bello, thanked the city for the opportunities he was given and explained his reasons for leaving.
“I made my decision due to events beyond my control or creation, that have placed me in a position which I believe make my duties quite difficult and at times uncomfortable” Bello wrote in the resignation letter.
Bello also said that he would be moving on to pursue his academic goals.
His resignation letter was to take effect immediately.
- Click here to watch the entire surveillance video of the alleged incident between the developer and Carollo
More Stories on NBC6.com:
- Orlando Man Arrested for Punching Police Horse: Cops
- VIDEO: Bear Sightings: The Most Shocking Encounters
- Another Rare Oarfish Washes Up in Southern California
- Alligator Blocks Entrance at Florida Walmart