Florida Man Lights Himself on Fire While Decorating For Halloween: Cops

Ron Neilson accidentally set himself on fire and was burned on 40 to 50 percent of his body, police said.

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TK

    A Florida man who was decorating his home for Halloween was hospitalized Wednesday after accidentally setting himself on fire, police said.

    Ron Neilson was burned on 40 to 50 percent of his body, mostly in his upper torso, Palm Bay Police public information Officer Yvonne Martinez said.

    According to police, the incident was ruled as an accident.

    The 50-year-old man’s Halloween decorations involved gasoline, wood and candles, authorities said. When he lit one of the candles, the decoration exploded causing the second-degree burns, Martinez said.

    Neilson rolled on the ground while his wife used a hose to put out the fire, police said.

    The fire department was able to completely put out the fire and Neilson was airlifted to the hospital, Martinez said.
     

    More on NBC6.com: