One of the largest exhibits being displayed during Miami's popular Art Basel this year will be a floating piece of art.
Gator in the Bay, crafted with floating art tiles, will head down the New River in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday and make its way to the Miami Yacht Club. The message behind the art focuses on bringing awareness to the shrinking Florida Everglades.
Gator in the Bay is a 104-foot by 8-foot float. Artist Lloyd Goradesky will take photos of the gator float via helicopter and seaplane.
More on NBC6.com:
- "Speed Was a Factor" in Walker's Deadly Crash
- Substitute Teacher Arrested for Sex Acts With Young Boy
- WATCH: Grandmother Goes Skydiving for 90th Birthday
- 14-Foot Python Captured in the Everglades
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now