A Key West man was charged with burglary and battery after a fight with friends became physical, involving a machete and a bottle of liquor, deputies said.
Monroe Sheriff's deputies said Douglas Ney, 46, was visiting friends when he became drunk and angry. The friends got into an argument and Ney grabbed a bottle of liquor, throwing it at the windshield of a van parked outside and breaking the windshield, deputies said.
Ney left but he came back to the house a short while later "in a rage," and he began to push and shove one of the other men, according to deputies. The victim grabbed a machete in self-defense and struck Ney on the arm with it, but he continued to attack, deputies said. That's when the men fled to a neighbor's house for help.
Deputies said they arrived to find Ney standing in the yard, bleeding from a cut on his arm and screaming at three others standing on a balcony. Ney was arrested and marijuana was found in his pocket, which he was charged for possessing.
More on NBC6.com:
- Body Found Likely Belongs to Missing Plane Passenger: Police
- PHOTOS: World Cheers "Batkid" on Social Media
- WATCH: Demand for Tattoos Up, But Regulation Light in Florida
- Jonathan Martin Says He Looks Forward To Resuming Career
- WATCH: Dash-Cam Footage Released in Broward Judge's DUI Arrest