The man charged in connection with Thursday's incident in which 10 students at Miami Coral Park Senior High School were hospitalized after eating laced brownies made his first appearance in court Friday where he was ordered held without bond.
Dionisio Lockridge, 22, is facing charges including possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to sell, possession of cocaine, and possession of Xanax, according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report.
Lockridge's attorney said his client hasn't been charged with the brownies. They have been sent toa lab for analysis.
Lockridge told Venzer he is a student at Beauty Schools of America.
Authorities responded to the school at 8865 Southwest 16th Street just before 10 a.m. Thursday after they said they got sick from eating the brownies, the report said. Some students were taken away by ambulance to nearby hospitals and later released.
According to the report, Lockridge later admitted to selling the brownies to a student at another school who then gave them to his girlfriend who is a student at Coral Park.
Students who bought the brownies fell ill.
Lockridge later admitted that the brownies were laced with K2 Spice, a synthetic chemical, when he baked them at his home, the report said.
When police searched Lockridge's home, they found brownies and other drugs inside, the report said. The brownies matched the ones sold at the school and have been sent to a lab for testing, the report said.
"Yesterday, we had several students that were transported to a hospital for ingesting brownies that they knowingly knew were laced with marijana," said Ivan Silva, Miami-Dade Schools Police spokesman.
During Lockridge's court appearance Friday morning, prosecutors said police found 576.5 grams of marijuana, two grams of cocaine and 54 Xanax pills in his home.
At the school Friday, parents were still outraged over the incident. Parent Maggie Ortiz said her daughter called her to tell her what happened.
"I said 'What's going on, I'm in the car' and she goes, 'apparently seven kids went to the hospital because there was drugs inside of brownies,' and I said 'is that the brownies from the cafeteria' and she said 'no, no, no, they got it from somebody."
"It's a shame that it occurred but I think it's an isolated case," parent David Mendez said. "The school's gonna take care of it, kids here, most of them know what they're doing, so hopefully they'll stay away from this stuff in the future."
More Local Stories: