Newt Gingrich is spending the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in Florida.
The former House speaker and Republican political pundit is promoting his new book "Breakout" in a series of stops throughout the state. On Sunday, he'll visit the Villages with his wife, Callista, who also has a new children's book, "Yankee Doodle Dandy."
As a GOP presidential candidate, Gingrich lost Florida's Republican primary to Mitt Romney last year but won nearly 32 percent of the vote. Until that contest, he had been an insurgent candidate backed by tea party and other conservative groups.
Known for his slashing debate style, Gingrich is now a host of CNN's "Crossfire." His latest book assesses the current political landscape and offers a new strategy for the Republican Party.
More on NBC6.com:
- "Speed Was a Factor" in Walker's Deadly Crash
- Substitute Teacher Arrested for Sex Acts With Young Boy
- WATCH: Grandmother Goes Skydiving for 90th Birthday
- 14-Foot Python Captured in the Everglades
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now