Three lanes of traffic reopened at about 2 p.m. at westbound Interstate 595 just east Interstate 95 in Fort Lauderdale after a semi-truck rolled over.
The lanes were closed for more than one hour, causing heavy backups.
Aerial footage showed fire rescue crews responding to the scene and cleaning debris left by the truck that had tipped over to lay on its side.
Florida Highway Patrol said there were injuries in the crash.
No other information was immediately released.
Stay with NBC6.com for updates.
More on NBC6.com:
- WATCH: Florida State University AcaBelles' Rendition of Lorde's "Royals" Goes Viral
- Nightly Closures on Northbound and Southbound Palmetto Expressway Lanes
- Instagram This: Food Photos Are Insta Appetite Killers, Study Finds
- PHOTOS: Celebrity Pets
- 3 Dead, 1 Injured in Elderly Man's Shooting Rampage
- Internet Cat Star Colonel Meow is Seriously Ill
- Watch: Tatum Parodies Van Damme's "Epic Splits"