A standoff with a convicted felon has ended peacefully after authorities say a South Florida man fired at bail bonds agents as they tried to arrest him.
Palm Beach County sheriff's officials say bail bonds agents arrived at Kenneth Burroughs' home Friday night and were shot at by Burroughs. The suspect eventually came out of his home and was charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, felon in possession of a firearm, shooting within a dwelling, and child neglect. Authorities say Burroughs has several past felony convictions.
A search warrant of Burroughs' home allegedly turned up a shot gun, pistol and a revolver. Inside the home, authorities said several rounds of ammunition had been fired. Eleven shotgun shell casings were found throughout the residence.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- Psychic Gambled Away Grieving Woman's $100K: Cops
- Woman Jailed With Men in Miami-Dade Says They Taunted Her
- WATCH: Texas Police Catch Hopping Kangaroo Along Road
- Miramar Middle School Was Locked Down Due to BB Gun
- WATCH: CNBC Reporter Courtney Reagan Gets a Surprise On-Air Proposal
- Girl, 16, Smiling Once More After Botched Dental Procedure
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now