Erica Avery pleaded not guilty Wednesday to beating and raping a 16-year-old in Hollywood.
The 16-year-old suspect is being tried as an adult along with two other minors for the Nov. 1 incident. Authorities said a group of four teens held beat a 16-year-old girl and then held her down while a fifth teen raped her.
Patricia Montes, 15, Dwight Henry, 17, and Avery were each charged with two counts of sexual battery and two counts of kidnapping. Jayvon Woolfork, 19, and Lanel Singleton, 18, were each charged with one count of sexual battery and one count of kidnapping.
Police said Woolfork raped the girl while the other teens held her down at his home on the 1600 block of McKinley Street. The victim told officers she was kicked, had her hair pulled, was thrown down the stairs and even had her face smashed on the concrete. She broke bones by both of her eyes and stayed in the hospital for several days.
The teens are being held without bond in Broward.
More on NBC6.com:
- Elderly Father Shot Son in Dirty Dishes Dispute: Police
- WATCH: Channing Tatum Parodies Van Damme's "Most Epic of Splits"
- Broward Deputy Injured in Crash That Led to High-Speed Chase
- PHOTO: Tornado Survivor Has Heartwarming Reunion After Finding Dog
- Dywane Wade Sells Sitcom to Fox