The northbound Alton Road flyover to Miami Beach coming from the eastbound MacArthur Causeway will shut down Monday night, officials said.
The bridge will be closed as contractors rebuild the base and replace the guardrail along the flyover, according to the Florida Department of Transportation.
The closure was expected to begin Sunday night but was delayed until Monday night because of rain.
A detour will be established along Alton Road and 5th Street. Drivers should seek alternate routes, if possible.
Officials said the construction will not affect bus service, business access or pedestrian access. The work is scheduled through mid-August.
According to FDOT:
- Motorists traveling east on the MacArthur Causeway who wish to travel north on Alton Road will have to continue east on 5 Street and turn north on Alton Road.
- Motorists traveling south on Alton Road who wish to travel east on 5th Street will have to turn east on 8 Street, turn south on Lenox Avenue and turn east on 5th Street.
- Motorists will be able to travel south on Alton Road to access westbound MacArthur Causeway.
- Motorists south of 5th Street who are traveling north on Alton Road and wish to continue north will have to turn east on 4th Street, turn north on Lenox Avenue, turn west on 5th Street and turn north on Alton Road.
- Motorists south of 5th Street who are traveling north on Alton Road and wish to travel west on the MacArthur Causeway will have to turn east on 4th Street, turn north on Lenox Avenue, turn west on 5th Street, and continue west on 5th Street to MacArthur Causeway.
- Motorists will not be able to cross east or west on Alton Road at 6th Street.
For updated information on the changes, visit ww.fdotmiamidade.com.