An American Airlines flight heading from Miami to Boston made an unplanned stop in Orlando Tuesday night after the pilot noticed a cracked windshield, the airline said.
“Damage of this type is rare, but since the window is double-paned there was no immediate threat,” Andrea Huguley of American Airlines told NBC News about Flight 160. “Passengers likely didn't know anything was going on.”
The pilot landed at the closest airport, Orlando International Airport, as a precaution, she said. It touched down safely at about 10:35 p.m., WESH reported.
The Boeing 757 had 150 passengers and six crew members aboard.
In Orlando “maintenance worked to repair the window, so that the flight could continue on to Boston,” Huguley said.
More NBC6.com Stories and Photos:
- Rapper Who Inspired Spring Breakers Character Arrested
- PHOTOS: It's the World's Largest...
- PHOTOS: World's Tallest Buildings
- Log Flume Lover to Fight Six Flags Ban
- Interest in Specialty License Plates Declines in Florida
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now