A gas main has been shut down in Doral after a gas leak at a Las Vegas restaurant Monday, authorities said. NBC 6 anchor Keith Jones has the story.
A gas main has been shut down in Doral after a gas leak at a Las Vegas restaurant Monday, authorities said.
The leak at the Cuban restaurant at 11500 NW 41st St. is now under control, but businesses on Northwest 115th Avenue south of Northwest 41st Street to Miami Dade College may be affected by the shut-down gas main, Miami-Dade Fire Rescue spokesman Lt. Arnold Piedrahita Jr. said on Twitter.
The leak happened because construction crews punctured a 4-inch main about 8 feet below the ground, according to Piedrahita.
The gas line was too deep below the ground to safely plug, forcing Miami-Dade Fire Rescue and Florida City Gas to shut down the main, he said.
Las Vegas was evacuated because of the gas leak, Miami-Dade Fire Rescue said.
The Florida’s Turnpike exit at Northwest 41st St. for drivers heading east has re-opened after it was closed because of the leak.
Stay with NBC6.com and NBC 6 South Florida for updates.