Tampa Bay-area authorities are investigating the death of a 3-year-old boy forgotten in a car while his parents attended a funeral.
The Manatee County Sheriff's Office says Kyrese Dwayne Anderson of Lehigh Acres was accidentally left in the car Saturday afternoon.
Authorities tell The Tampa Tribune that Kyrese's parents had driven separately to drop off the boy and two other children at a babysitter's house before the funeral in Palmetto.
The sheriff's office says both parents went to the funeral thinking that all three children were with the babysitter. The boy was discovered inside one of their cars as they were leaving the funeral.
An autopsy will be performed Monday. No charges have been filed.
More Local Stories:
- Teen Speaks After Being Hit by Stray Bullet During Miami Heat Celebration
- Florida Man Sleeping on Tracks Killed by Train
- Sex Offender Charged With Abducted Florida Girl's Death
- Heat Fans Ready for Championship Parade; No Backpacks Allowed
- Trial Begins for 2 Accused of Bad Butt Injections