Boy Set Fort Lauderdale Home on Fire With Fireworks: Officials

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue
    Firefighters responded after a young boy accidentally set his Fort Lauderdale home on fire while playing with fireworks, officials said.

    A 7-year-old boy playing with fireworks accidentally set his Fort Lauderdale home on fire over the weekend, officials said.

    A sibling had urged the boy to light firecrackers inside a bedroom of their home in the 2300 block of Northwest 16th Court on Saturday, fire officials said.

    After lighting them, the boy threw the firecrackers under a TV stand and ran outside.

    Firefighters found smoke coming from the home but quickly extinguished the blaze and kept damage to a minimum, officials said. No one was reported injured.

    The boy was referred to a juvenile fire-setter program that provides fire safety education to kids.

    Get the latest from NBC 6 South Florida anywhere, anytime: iPhone/iPad App | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS