Canes Moving On Without Ineligible Players

Announcement on if players can play Monday expected soon

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2011  |  Updated 1:31 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
University of Miami fans gather for an event to celebrate the team but the only thing on anyone's mind is the recent alleged player payout scandal.

University of Miami fans gather for an event to celebrate the team but the only thing on anyone's mind is the recent alleged player payout scandal.

advertisement
Photos and Videos

Shalala Says 15 Canes' Eligibility in Question

Donna Shalala talks about the UM football scandal.

NCAA UM Investigation

More Photos and Videos

Miami coach Al Golden says the Hurricanes are "not counting on" having any ineligible players
reinstated in time to play Monday at Maryland.

University officials declared some players named in an extra-benefits scandal ineligible last week, then asked the NCAA if they should be reinstated. The NCAA is reviewing those requests.

There is no timetable for the NCAA to decide, though Miami expected word early this week.

Golden has not announced most of his starters for Week 1. Among those whose status remains unknown is senior quarterback Jacory Harris.

Former booster and convicted Ponzi scheme architect Nevin Shapiro told Yahoo Sports for a story published earlier this month that he provided 72 Miami players and recruits things like cash and gifts from 2002 through 2010.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our New iPad App
Now optimized for iPad, NBC 6... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out