Casey Anthony's Lawyer Rebuts Claim in George Zimmerman Case
Attorney Jose Baez's letter to Circuit Judge Debra Nelson was made public Wednesday
Defense attorney Jose Baez and Casey Anthony react after the jury acquitted her of murdering her daughter, Caylee, during Anthony's murder trial at the Orange County Courthouse in Orlando, Tuesday, July 5, 2011. (AP Photo/Red Huber, Pool)
Casey Anthony's attorney has sent a letter to the judge in George Zimmerman's case, saying a prosecutor made some mischaracterizations about him during a hearing last week.
Jose Baez's letter to Circuit Judge Debra Nelson was made public Wednesday.
Baez says prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda was incorrect when he said during a hearing last week that Baez was held in contempt during the Anthony case. The prosecutor was arguing for a gag order on lawyers in the case.
Baez says the only fine he received was for a discovery violation.
A spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office didn't immediately return an email.
Zimmerman is charged with fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin of Miami Gardens in February.
Anthony was acquitted of murdering her daughter last year.
Complete Trayvon Martin Shooting Coverage
Published at 9:58 PM EDT on Oct 31, 2012
Copyright Associated Press