Closing Arguments Expected in Downtown Miami Charter School Sex Assault Trial

Closing arguments are expected Monday in the case of a boy who claims he was raped and bullied by a fellow student at Downtown Miami Charter School

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    The mother of a boy who says he was sexually assaulted at a Miami Charter school, took the stand in a Miami courtroom Monday. NBC 6's Justin Finch reports.

    Closing arguments are expected Monday in the case of a boy who claims he was raped and bullied by a fellow student at Downtown Miami Charter School.

    In the case, John Doe vs. Charter Schoools USA, the plaintiff claims he was just seven years old when he was attacked by an 11-year-old fifth-grader at the school.

    The younger boy's attorney, Jeff Herman, claims the younger boy was raped on the way to school in a transport van back in 2011. The older boy allegedly raped him two more times in the school restroom. The seven-year-old boy then allegedly tried to kill himself and told his therapist he wanted to die.

    Trial Continues in Charter School Sex Assault

    [MI] Trial Continues in Charter School Sex Assault
    The trial of a boy's alleged sexual abuse at a Miami charter school continued in court Friday. NBC 6’s Ari Odzer reports.

    The defense has argued the boy was already traumatized by his little sister's recent death. They also claim the bathroom assaults never happened.

    Last week, the boy's mother and the school's principal both testified. Principal Rebecca Dinda said she did everything by the book after she heard of the rape allegations

    Jury Hears Opening Statements in Charter School Sex Assault Trial

    [MI] Jury Hears Opening Statements in Charter School Sex Assault Trial
    The jury heard opening statements on Thursday in the trial of a boy's alleged sexual abuse at a Miami charter school.

    The boy's mother is seeking $25 million in damages.