Elected officials and local leaders will gather for a public hearing to discuss the Stand Your Ground Law Thursday night at HistoryMiami.
The group will discuss the impact of the Stand Your Ground Law on the community, public safety and the criminal justice system.
- The Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association
- Dwight Bullard, Florida State Senator
- Matt Gaetz, Florida State Representative
- Guy Robinson, Chief Assistant Public Defender of the Miami-Dade Public Defender's Office
- Edward Shohat, Vice Chair of the Miami-Dade County Community Relations Board
- Chris Davis, lead investigator for the Tampa Bay Times Stand Your Ground Law study
The discussion will begin at 6 p.m. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More on NBC6.com:
- Everglades National Park Reopens After Shutdown
- Florida Man Arrested for Keeping Alligator in Tub: Deputies
- Teacher Accused of Giving Booze, Condoms to Students Fired