Man Rescued From Scooter Repair Shop Fire

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014  |  Updated 9:24 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Man Rescued From Scooter Repair Shop Fire

Getty Images

Rescue workers on Monday night were dispatched to a scooter repair shop that was engulfed in flames, according to a spokesperson from MIami Fire Rescue.

MFR arrived at Astro Choppers and Scooter Repair Shop at 633 NE 79th Street and found a canopy-covered workshop on fire with a man trapped inside the property screaming for help. Rescue workers  rescued the trapped man as firefighters fought to contain the flames.

The man was not injured, officials said, but the fired caused considerable damage to the Magic Car Care Center business located next door.

An arson fire took place a year ago at the same location that was captured on surveillance video. Fire Investigators said they will review the previous fire incident to determine if there is any comparison.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our New iPad App
Now optimized for iPad, NBC 6... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out