Coast Guard officials say a pilot had to make an emergency landing in the waters near Everglades National Park.
According to the Coast Guard, Daniel Lawrence was flying his single-engine aircraft Monday from Marathon to Sarasota when the plane started to lose power.
Lawrence made an emergency landing in the vicinity of the park. Officials say he was found standing on the plane's wing.
A Coast Guard crew airlifted Lawrence to Miami in stable condition.
Lawrence's hometown was not released.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- PHOTOS: Famous Mug Shots
- Marlins' Fernandez Reunited With Grandmother
- Rapper Who Inspired Spring Breakers Character Arrested
- Arrow Removed From Deer's Head in N.J.
- Man Accuses Deputies of Treason During Arrest: Sheriff's Office
- Bartender Stabs Patron Over Thrown Drink: Police