South Florida burn victims are sharing their unfortunate personal experiences and safety tips during National Burn Awareness Week.
At the burn center at Kendall Regional Hospital, NBC 6 met Vincent, an adorable 3-year-old boy who got second-degree burns during a scary accident just 10 days ago.
"Oh my God, what's going on, so I ran to the kitchen and saw all the blood coming from the skin of his neck and chest," Mother Li Ping said.
Ping said her husband was cooking a Chinese hot pot and left the bowl of boiling water on the counter. They looked away for a second and it happened in the blink of an eye.
"He tried to reach on the island and he accidentally touched the edge of the bowl and all the boiling water fell on his face. So I heard screaming," Ping said.
Vincent's face and neck were scalded by the hot liquid but thanks to the at Kendall Regional's burn center, he is his rambunctious self again.
"He was doing all good after surgery. In one day he went back to the normal you know like, the naughty and energetic baby," Ping said.
Doctors actually used a new technology on Vincent, which helped him heal in record time.
"We're using human placental membranes which has stem cells and it helps the face heal very quickly," burn center director Dr. Carlos Medina said.
Medina also gave some tips to keep safe from burns.
"There's some basic steps where you can follow so the children don't get burned. Such as keeping the kid away from the kitchen. Try to turn the handles away from the edge of the stove," Medina said.
Kendall Regional is one of six burn centers in South Florida. If you do get burned you should locate your nearest burn center and never put ice on the blister.
"Now you can apply cold water or clean the burn area and then usually put on a moisturizing cream or antibiotic ointment," Medina said.
While the parents at the burn center had some unfortunate accidents they hope that their personal stories will help prevent others from going through this.