Sale is a four-letter word everyone seems to love, but sometimes those sale racks are pretty picked over by the time you get there. But what if there was a way to know what days stores traditionally mark down items so you could line up for first dibs?
It turns out there is thanks to the folks at Rather-Be-Shopping.com. Below you will find the information for when to find your sales at retailers Kohl's and Target.
For more stores, click here.
I had a super friendly sales associate tell me all about the markdown schedule at Kohl’s. She told me that while they are constantly marking stuff down, and putting stuff on sale, the best days to shop occur twice a month. They are the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. She said those 2 days are typically when they mark the most stuff down and mark it down for the biggest saving (percentage-wise). Shop with a Kohl’s coupon in hand and make out like a bandit. News you can use right there!
Target has one of the most widely known markdown schedules around so I went to a great source for All Things Target and got the scoop on exactly when they mark things down. Also, be sure to crack the price tag code on Target clearance stickers so you can score the best savings. Here is when they do their markdowns:
- Monday – Electronics, Accessories, Kids Clothing, Books, Baby and Stationery
- Tuesday — Domestics, Women’s Clothing, Pets and Market (food items)
- Wednesday — Men’s Clothing, Health and Beauty, Diapers, Lawn & Garden items and Furniture
- Thursday — Housewares, Lingerie, Shoes, Toys, Sporting Goods, Decor & Luggage
- Friday — Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, & Jewelry