Police released the surveillance video and 911 call of the abduction of the three children outside a Miami market last month. Anthony Milhomme, the father of the three children who were taken, told a 911 operator that he went into the market for less than two minutes. But police say he was actually in there for about 15 minutes, and Milhomme faces three counts of child neglect. His daughter, Kaila Milhomme, spoke about what happened.
Police released the surveillance video and 911 call of the abduction of the three children outside a Miami market last month.
Authorities say the surveillance video shows Verlan Verdier at the food market in northwest Miami-Dade. She is seen walking around the parking lot while the father of two of the kids was inside the market.
Verdier, 33, is seen in the video looking at the car with the kids inside.
Prosecutors say that just out of range of the cameras, she gets in the car and takes off with the children.
The surveillance video shows the car racing off.
Police also released the 911 call in which Anthony Milhomme, the father of the three children, calls for help.
“I just walked in there to grab an application to make like a money transfer,” Milhomme said to the 911 operator. “I was not even in there 2 minutes.”
But police say Milhomme was actually in the store for about 15 minutes.
He is now facing three counts of child neglect.
His call set off a frantic search for the three children who fortunately were safely recovered when a Good Samaritan spotted the car about an hour later and called police.
“The lady got in the car and then she drove off,” Kaila Milhomme, who was found safe, said.
Verdier, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges of kidnapping and grand theft filed against her, will be back in court next Monday.
Milhomme is expected in court at the end of the month.
More Local Stories: