Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Two students at the Fienberg/Fisher K-8 Center in Miami Beach school were hospitalized after a possible drug overdose on Tuesday, authorities said. Student Eric Vanizales and his father, Virgilio Vanizales, gave their reactions to the incident.
Two students at a Miami Beach school were hospitalized after a possible drug overdose on Tuesday, authorities said.
Authorities said they may have taken "Molly," a form of Ecstasy.
Miami Beach Fire Rescue confirmed that one person was being questioned about the incident.
The children were at the Fienberg/Fisher K-8 Center on Washington Ave. They were rushed to Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Miami-Dade County Public Schools spokesman John Schuster said the students, two 14-year-old boys, were conscious the entire time, and were taken to the hospital as a precaution. They did appear to have an increased heart rate, he said.
"It worries me, that these things happen. Especially with kids at this age or even a little bit older than him. It is worrying that it happens but I believe the school is taking the right precautions as to these kinds of incidents," said parent Virgilio Vanizales.
He added that he generally gives the school high marks. Students said they had never seen this type of issue at school and were surprised when ambulances pulled up.
More Local Stories: