Video Shows Children Shocked in Hialeah Pool

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBC 6's Steve LItz shows you video of what happened when some children were in a pool in Hialeah that suddenly became electric. (Published Thursday, May 22, 2014)

    Frightening video was released Wednesday of the moment children were shocked while swimming in a pool in Hialeah.

    The surveillance video shows the incident that happened on April 27 at the apartment complex.

    Electrical Safety in Pools

    [MI] Electrical Safety in Pools
    Just two weeks after seven-year-old Calder Sloan died while swimming in a North Miami pool, three children were shocked in a Hialeah pool. NBC 6's Laura Rodriguez tells you what to look out for when it comes to pool safety. (Published Monday, April 28, 2014)

    The video shows one girl get shocked as she touched the railing while getting out of the pool. An adult is seen pulling her to safety.

    Another child, a boy, is also shocked and pulled out by an adult. The video doesn't show the third child that was shocked.

    All of the children recovered.

    It's believed that faulty wiring connected to an underwater light is to blame. The pool was drained and remains closed.

    News breaks at inconvenient times.  Download one of the NBC6 mobile apps and have the news come to you. Watch live streaming newscasts, receive critical push notifications on the go and stay in touch with your city around the clock. 

     

    Get the latest from NBC 6 South Florida anywhere, anytime: iPhone/iPad App | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS