Turkey’s president said that 51 people are dead and 69 others were injured after a child detonated a suicide bomb at a wedding in southeastern Turkey Saturday night, NBC News reported.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the bomber at the wedding in the city of Gaziantep, was between 12 and 14 years old. In a statement issued earlier on Sunday, Erdogan said ISIS extremists were “the most likely perpetrator.”
Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Simsek called the attack "a massacre of unprecedented cruelty and barbarism." Prime Minister Binali Yildirim condemned the bombing.
The bombing comes as the country still reels from last month's failed coup attempt, which the government has blamed on U.S.-based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen and his followers.