How to Get to the Miami Heat 2013 NBA Championship Victory Parade
Get information on how to see the parade up close and in person
The Miami Heat won again and the route for their victory parade is all mapped out. NBC 6's Kelly Blanco brings you the information.
The Miami Heat victory parade starts at 11 a.m. on Monday and ends at 2 p.m.
The parade route starts at southwest 2nd Avenue and southwest 8th Street, proceeding east, then north on Brickell Avenue across the bridge, and then north on Biscayne Blvd into the AmericanAirlines Arena. Southwest 8th Street will close at 9 a.m. and reopen to traffic after the end of the parade passes by. No backpacks will be allowed during the celebration.
In case parade-goers want to take public transport, Miami-Dade Transit will be providing service every five minutes to all Metrorail stations south Earlington Heights. To reach the parade passenger can exit at these stations: Government Center, Brickell and Overtown Transit Village.
Click here for more information on the parade.
- Metromover will have additional cars to accommodate the crowds.
- Passengers can use the ‘Train Tracker’ service on the Internet to get information on when the next trains will be getting near the station.
- Most fare gates, except at Miami International Airport, will be express pay lanes from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. $2 will be collected in cash for one-way fares. People going to the parade are asked to bring exact. No change provided. But transit customers can still use EASY Cards and EASY Tickets. Credit cards will be accepted at TVM machines located at the stations.
- Free parking will be available at MDT’s Park and Ride Lots and at various Metrorail stations. The cost for parking at a Metrorail station is $4 for the whole day. People can pay for parking at the “express pay” lanes along with their Metrorail fare. They will get a receipt to show they have paid.
- Passengers going to the parade are advised to park at the following stations:
South Miami (5949 Sunset Drive)
Okeechobee (2005 West Okeechobee Road)
Douglas Road (111 Ruiz Avenue) - under the guideway
- Parade-goers can exit at the following Metromover stations to reach the different parade locations: Brickell, Eighth Street, Fifth Street, Bayfront Park, College/Bayside, and the reach the AmericanAirlines Arena: Freedom Tower and Park West.
Road closures will mean that several Metrobus routes will have detours, including routes 3, 6, 8, 11, 24, 48, 77, 207, 208, C and S.
For more information Metrorail,Metromover service, or on the Metrobus routes, please call patrons 305-891-3131, weekdays, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and on Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. TTY users can call 305-499-8971.