A 3-year-old boy died Sunday after his father accidentally hit him with the oversized wheel of his truck, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.
The accident happened when the boy, Michael Pollard, was at home gardening with his mother, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported.
It was just after 11:40 a.m. and the father, Michael Pollard, 28, had been in his truck, loading metals, the newspaper said.
The boy ran towards the truck while his father was not looking, and the child was hit as he ran alongside the vehicle, the newspaper reported.
As the father noticed the accident, he got out to help his son, who was taken to St. Mary's Hospital. According to the newspaper, the boy died about an hour after the accident.
More stories and photos on NBC6.com:
- Bartender Gets $17,500 Tip
- Robber Tells Victim to Report Crime to Insurance: Deputies
- Pantless Florida Man Fondled Himself in McDonald’s Drive-Thru: Deputies
- FBI Releases Video of Brazen Armed Bank Robbery in Pembroke Pines
- East Texas "Panty Burglar" Strikes Again