An armed robber held up a Miami Gardens gas station, dropped his loot in front of the store and was caught on surveillance camera trying to gather everything before police caught him.
Johnny Love, 19, robbed a Shell Gas Station at 17080 northwest 7th Avenue early Thanksgiving Day, police said. He faces a charge of armed commercial robbery.
He helped himself to gum, taking handfuls, and then he took beer, authorities said.
Detectives said he packed several bags full, but when he got outside, the bags broke, spilling the beers on the ground. He slowly began to pick them up, breaking some of them. He seemed oblivious to the officer standing right in front of him. But when he saw him, he took off running. but was caught shortly thereafter.
"It's not surprising, but it's horrible. It's holiday, time for good cheer not for misery," said gas station owner Alex Wilkie.
More on NBC6.com:
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- Naked, Burned Man Dropped Off at Sarasota Hospital
- Large Crocodile Spotted in Miami Beach
- PHOTOS: 10 Stores to Shop on Turkey Day
- Mall Santa Denies Groping Elf
- WATCH: Deer Bursts Through Shop Window
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- Family: We Tipped Server, Didn't Pen Anti-Gay Note
- Naked Man Walking From Georgia to Miami Arrested