GM's Hummer brand was sold for $150 million to the Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery in China.
Hummer, the gas-guzzling, muscular icon of the American road, has been sold to a Chinese heavy equipment manufacturer.
General Motors and Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery finalized the deal on Oct. 9. Although financial terms were not disclosed, sources said GM got $150 million for the brand and related assets. GM said in its bankruptcy filing last summer the Hummer brand could be sold for $500 million or more.
The deal gives Tengzhong an 80 percent stake in Hummer while a private Hong Kong investor, Suolang Duoji, will recieve the other 20 percent. The investors will also have access to Hummer's well-established U.S. dealer network.
The deal must still be approved by U.S. and Chinese regulators.
Get more: MSNBC