Adam Lambert is "disappointed" over an independent label's decision to release material he recorded in his pre-fame days.
"Last Friday I was surprised to find out that songs I recorded back in 2005 were being released. Since then I discovered the entire track listing, revealed online [Thursday]," the "American Idol" runner-up said in a statement to Access last night. "I was shocked to learn that songwriting demos of songs that I co-wrote and recorded over the past few years may be released in an album."
Recently, John Heckler, CEO of Hi-Fi Recordings, the imprint releasing the album, told Billboard magazine that they have no intention of interfering with the rocker's career by issuing the effort.
"I do not want to hurt this guy," Heckler told the trade mag. "I want this guy to be as huge as he should be, and I think this music is only going to help."
But Adam contends the soon-to-surface works were just "demos."
"Like a rough draft that a writer does before finishing a book, I did not intend my work on these demos to be heard by the public," Adam's statement to Access continued. "I was unaware that anyone intended to release these recordings until I heard about it in the press, and I'm very disappointed by this entire situation. "
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Adam is currently working on his post "Idol" debut album for RCA, which is set to hit stores in the fall.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: AUDIO: Adam Lambert's Single - 'Want' (June 19, 2009)
PLAY IT NOW: Access Extended: Nancy Goes Shopping With Adam Lambert