The Galleon Foundation's 2019 scholarship essay contest is underway.
Applicants are encouraged to write an essay explaining financial hardship and why they should be chosen, send in proof of qualifications per criteria, along with an acceptance letter and registration from their university.
- Must be a senior at a Broward County high school
- Academic GPA of 3.0 and above
- Must be accepted into a university
- Write an essay with the reason the scholarship should be awarded
- Participate in an extracurricular activity
- Must be a person of good moral character
The Scholarship selection committee will review then approve six candidates to be awarded the scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each.
Essay submission deadline is Sept. 30, 2019.
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org