A substitute teacher at Felix Varela Senior High School has been arrested for engaging in sexual acts with a 13-year-old boy, according to Miami-Dade Police.
Michael Vivanco, 22, was charged with transmission of harmful material to a minor, lewd and lascivious battery, and lewd and lascivious conduct, police said.
Vivanco met the victim on a mobile application called Jack'd, according to authorities. They exchanged numbers and began texting each other. In one message, the teacher said to the victim: "Show me ur body :)" according to the police report. They later agreed to meet in person.
The teacher picked up the victim and drove him to an undisclosed location where the victim performed oral sex on Vivanco, police said.
Vivanco, who is also a boys and girls volleyball coach at Varela, was arrested and taken to the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Facility in Miami-Dade, police said. The teacher admitted to meeting the victim on the mobile app and to knowing the victim was a minor, according to the police report.
It is unclear if Vivanco has an attorney.
Anyone with information on Vivanco is urged to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS (8477).
More on NBC6.com:
- Gloria & Emilio Estefan Give Back on Thanksgiving
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- Kidnapped Squirrel Returns Home for the Holidays
- Miami Rescue Mission Offers Thanksgiving Lunch to Needy
- Man Robs Bank, Changes Clothes, Waits at Bus Stop: Deputies
- WATCH: Deer Bursts Through Shop Window
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- Family: We Tipped Server, Didn't Pen Anti-Gay Note