Thieves took about $500,000 worth of Red Bull energy drinks from a South Florida warehouse.
The Miami Herald reports the theft occurred sometime over the Veteran's Day weekend at a modern warehouse that opened just a few months ago in Medley, near Miami.
"When the workers arrived in the morning, they found that the alarms had been disconnected,'' said Medley police detective Lourdes Muniz. She said the warehouse was locked at 4 p.m. on Nov. 9 when workers left for the weekend.
The thieves apparently had a key to the OHL, Inc. warehouse and disconnected the alarm system, said Muniz. A security company remotely monitors the building.
Muniz said that once inside, the thieves used four forklifts to move 108 pallets. There were no surveillance cameras at the warehouse, so investigators have no visual way to identify the thieves or the type of vehicle they left in.
"I have talked to our police command in order to reinforce security in those industrial areas,'' said Medley Mayor Robert Martell. Medley has a number of industrial buildings.
Police are asking the public to call with any tips that could solve the case. The Medley police phone number is (305) 883-2047.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- Worm in Wendy's BLT Salad Forced Nauseous South Florida Woman To Go to Hospital, She Says
- Police Identify Man Who Fell to Death at Hollywood Hotel
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- 3 Arrested After Dancing Atop SUV in Busy Intersection
- Man Runs on Arms and Legs to New World Record
- Men Steal Dog Mannequin From Mall