See why Michelle isn't the new Princess Diana and check out our list of must-reads that will have you chatting at the lunch counter, over IM or wherever it is that people actually talk these days.
- Michelle Obama may not have the Princess Diana appeal when it comes to selling magazines. The first lady is a media darling who has graced the covers of newsweeklies and gossip rags but doesn't always boost sales at general interest magazines as Princess Di did. Case in point: New York magazine's sales from their March 23 issue featuring Michelle as cover girl were "average."
- Some states are considering re-opening slaughterhouses to bring down the number of stray and neglected horses across the country. The last slaughterhouse in the U.S. closed in 2007, but Congress is considering re-opening them as roughly 100,000 horses a year are shipped across the border to be killed.
- "Vaping" is apparently the new smoking. The e-cigarette has no tobacco and produces only a nicotine-laced vapor -- no smoke.
- A patient in France received the first simultaneous face and hand transplants in the world. The 30-year-old man was badly burned in an accident five years ago but doctors were able to give him a new lease on life with transplants of the face and two new hands -- including the wrists.
- Now even Nine Inch Nails has their own iPhone app. The application will allow users to send photos, music and videos that functions like Twitter for NIN fans.