2 Boys Hospitalized After Firework Mishap

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue airlifted two boys to the hospital Friday, after a firework went off in one child's hand.

The incident occurred Friday evening in the 2300 block of Atlantic Avenue in Opa-locka.

According to reports, two boys, 10 and 12, were playing with fireworks when a "TNT Bomb" firework went off in the younger boy's hand.

"You saw nothing but his wrist," said the younger boy's cousin.

The two boys were taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital Ryder Trauma Center.

Doctors are continuing to try and save the younger boy's hand. He is reported to be in critical condition with non-life-threatening injuries. The condition of the other victim is unknown at this time.

Contact Us