Hollywood firefighters responded to an apartment fire Friday that left three dogs dead.
It happened around 2:30 p.m. at 1720 Fillmore Street.
Crews said the fire originated on the second floor of the building, and a pot on the stove likely caused the blaze.
"I have never seen anything like that in my life," said Amanda Cruz, who shot video of the fire with her cellphone.
No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.
However, three dogs died; one in the unit where the fire started and two in the next door unit.
Lorraine Headly grabbed her son and ran out, "Could not get the dogs out in time. The cops would not let me run back in, but I was out probably two seconds before the windows exploded."
The investigation continues into the incident.