It's Tuesday, Aug. 6 – here are the 6 Things to Know:
Tuesday begins rain-free but muggy with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the upper 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Shower and storms will develop as early as midday Tuesday with highs in the lower 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Check Today's Forecast.
1. The Democratic Hispanic Caucus of Miami-Dade will gather at the Freedom Tower on Tuesday to call for tighter gun control laws following the deadly weekend shootings in Texas and Ohio.
2. NBC 6 Investigates what happens when law enforcement agencies investigate their own and who pays the cost.
3. Police are looking for information on a 16-year-old's killing in Cutler Bay. Roberto Javier Morga Jr. died from an apparent gunshot wound Friday night in the roadway in front of Cutler Ridge Park, according to the Miami-Dade Police Department.
4. Federal officials and police recently raided a home that serves as a daycare in southwest Miami-Dade, making at least one arrest during a child pornography investigation. That suspect is due to appear in court Tuesday.
5. Coconut Grove homeowners are offering a large reward after two safes containing more than $1.2 million in valuables were stolen from their home.
6. The Miami-Dade Police Department on Tuesday participating in the National Night Out in which you can meet and greet local law enforcement. The event is an opportunity for community members to meet the law enforcement officers who patrol their streets.