MMA star Conor McGregor is seen picking up a cell phone he allegedly stomped on outside the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel in footage of the incident that led to his arrest earlier this week.
The footage obtained by TMZ shows the 30-year-old McGregor among a group of people outside the hotel early Monday, hours before his arrest on strong-arm robbery and criminal mischief charges.
McGregor, wearing white pants, is seen grabbing the phone off the floor after two loud noises are heard, as the alleged victim says "Let me get my phone man."
An arrest report said the man approached McGregor and attempted to take a picture of him while exiting the hotel around 5 a.m.
"The defendant slapped the victim's phone out of his hand, causing it to fall to the floor. The defendant then stomped on the victim's phone several times, damaging it," the report said.
The report said McGregor picked up the 22-year-old man's phone and walked away. The man told police the phone was valued at $1,000.
Police later located and arrested McGregor, who posted bond and left jail hours later. McGregor's attorney called the incident a "minor altercation."
"Mr. McGregor appreciates the response of law enforcement and pledges his full cooperation," the attorney's statement read.
Meanwhile, Miami-Dade County court records showed that the owner of the phone, Ahmed Abdirzak, filed a lawsuit seeking more than $15,000 on Thursday, accusing McCregor of battery, assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
McGregor's criminal defense attorney called the lawsuit "a quick effort seeking a payday."
McGregor, whose most recent UFC fight was a tap-out loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov in October, pleaded guilty last year to disorderly conduct in exchange for community service due to a backstage brawl in New York City. McGregor's probation period for that case ended less than a week prior to the Florida arrest.