Lauderhill Brothers Charged With Murder in Shooting - NBC 6 South Florida

Lauderhill Brothers Charged With Murder in Shooting

Pair arrested in fatal shooting in Fort Lauderdale: Police



    Lauderhill Brothers Charged With Murder in Shooting
    Broward Sheriff's Office
    Tyrone Shaw and Corey Haygood

    Two Lauderhill brothers are facing murder charges after they gunned down a man in Fort Lauderdale over the weekend, police said Wednesday.

    Corey Gabriel Haygood, 22, and Tyrone Lavar Shaw, 31, were arrested Tuesday night by Fort Lauderdale Police Department Homicide Squad detectives working with the FBI Violent Crime Fugitive Task Force and Lauderhill Police, Fort Lauderdale Police said.

    According to arrest affidavits, police responded to calls of a shooting in the 700 block of Northwest 14th Terrace around 7 p.m. on Nov. 17.

    Teen Charged in School Bus Shooting Staying in Juvenile Detention Center

    When officers arrived, they found 39-year-old Sydney Green lying on the ground with a gunshot wound to his chest. Green was taken to Broward General Hospital where he later died of his injuries.

    While officers were at the hospital, they found there was a second man, Shaw, who was also being treated for injuries from a shooting at Plantation General Hospital, an affidavit said.

    Shaw told the officer he was at the shooting scene and "had accidentally been hit by the assailant," an affidavit said. Shaw said he knew Green but didn't want to get involved and didn't want to initiate a complaint, the affidavit said.

    Woman Rescued From Burning Pickup

    On Monday, police obtained a surveillance video of the incident, which showed two men, later identified as Shaw and Haygood, walk towards Green with guns in their hands, the affidavit said.

    Green is seen falling to the ground as the two men rush him and one jabs him in the chest with a gun before the two men quickly stepped back from Green, the affidavit said.

    One of the men hobbles away having appeared to have been injured, and both men leave the area, the affidavit said. Green never moved from the ground.

    A witness told police that Shaw and Green had had problems in the past and recognized Shaw and Haygood in the surveillance video and said they were brothers. Another witness told police they saw Haygood shoot at Green and flee the scene in a 1998 Mercedes Benz, the affidavit said.

    Shaw and Haygood were both being held without bond Wednesday, and it was unknown whether they have an attorney.

    More Local News