Miami Beach issued restrictions on traffic and parking Tuesday ahead of the expected onslaught of tourists for Urban Beach Weekend over Memorial Day.
The traffic and parking restrictions will be as follows, according to Miami Beach Police:
- Ocean Drive will be closed to vehicular traffic from Friday May 23 at 7 a.m. to Tuesday May 27 at 7 a.m. Some access will be available between Washington Avenue and Ocean Driver, 6 to 15 streets will also be restricted. Local residents with the proper decals will be allowed to enter.
- Collins Avenue will be one-way northbound nightly from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Friday through Monday. No street parking will be allowed on Collins between 5 and 15 streets as those lanes will be used to extend pedestrian pathways. Valet operations will also be moved.
- Washington Avenue will be one-way southbound nightly 7 p.m. until 7 a.m Friday through Monday and access to east/west streets between 5 and 17 streets will be strictly enforced.
- Alleys must be maintained clear of vehicles at all times and that will be strictly enforced
- Causeways will have DUI checkpoints from 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday. DUI saturation will be in place throughout the weekend. License plate readers will also be used nightly on causeways into Miami Beach.
- All city owned parking lots and garages, with the exception of South Pointe Park, Nikki Beach, and 46 Street lots, will have normal operations.
Miami Beach published a traffic map for the weekend which can be found here.
The city also said Miami-Dade Transit buses will be moving on a Memorial Day schedule over the weekend. The schedule can be found here.