The fight against Zika will continue Wednesday on Miami Beach, as county officials begin another round of spraying to combat mosquitoes in the area after recent cases of the virus were announced.
One new case of non-travel Zika were confirmed Wednesday in Palm Beach County.
"This case is not connected to the investigation into an individual in Palm Beach County that was announced earlier this month," Florida's Department of Health said in a statement, NBC News reported.
More than 3,900 people had been tested for Zika, the statement added. If one person is diagnosed but their family members, friends, neighbors and other close contacts do not become infected, it's not considered an outbreak.
The case in Palm Beach County brings the total number of homegrown Zika cases to 43. Over 520 cases of travel related Zika have been confirmed in the state.
Last Friday, five cases of non-travel Zika infections were confirmed from the area, located between 8th Street and 28th Street. Mayor Philip Levine has asked the government with help in fighting the possible spread.
Tuesday, Florida Gov. Rick Scott announced that the “Zika Zone” in the Wynwood area north of Downtown Miami was being reduced. That area gained national attention after the CDC told people to avoid it following dozens of non-travel cases being confirmed.