The prosecutor overseeing the investigation of sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston says it is completed.
State Attorney Willie Meggs has scheduled a news conference at 2 p.m. Thursday in his office to announce his findings.
Meggs says investigators have learned as much as they can about the December 2012 incident.
A lawyer for Winston has suggested that the star quarterback and the accuser had consensual sex. But the family of the victim has accused the 19-year-old of rape.
Meggs has said he wanted to make sure prosecutors completed a thorough investigation before making a final decision. He has also said several times that it's up to prosecutors to determine whether there is a "reasonable" chance of conviction.
More NBC6.com Stories:
- $460 Worth of Condoms Stolen From Tampa Store: Cops
- PHOTOS: Craziest Food Heists
- Woman Leaves $835 Tip on Thanksgiving
- PHOTOS: Adorable Zoo Babies
- Woman Curses At Miami-Dade Judge Over Bond
- VIDEO:Dozens of Pilot Whales Stranded
- PHOTOS: Celebrity Breakups
- "Aiden" Bumped from No. 1 as Top Baby Boy Name
- Worold's Ugliest Dog Dies