Prosecutors have decided not to file charges against Miami Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landry over allegations of domestic violence.
The Broward State Attorney's Office said an investigation determined there was "no reasonable likelihood" of a conviction. The case involved an April 1 encounter between Landry and Estrella Cerqueira, the mother of their daughter.
"The victim maintains that the defendant did not intent to touch her (or) strike her, but accidentally did so," said a memorandum filed Monday by assistant state attorney Stefanie Newman.
There were no witnesses to the encounter at Landry's residence, and video surveillance appeared to corroborate Cerqueira's account, the prosecutor said.
Cerqueira said in the statement in August that the couple had a "vocal disagreement," but that she never felt physically threatened and that nothing violent took place. She wasn't injured and didn't seek medical attention, the prosecutor said.
Landry said he appreciated the work by investigators.
"I am thankful that they were able to come to a conclusion that reaffirms the true facts that no crime was committed," Landry said in a statement released Tuesday by his agent. "My daughter's mother and I will continue to co-parent to raise our child in a happy and healthy environment."
Under the NFL's personal conduct policy, Commissioner Roger Goodell has the authority to suspend players without criminal convictions. The league amended the policy three years ago to strengthen punishments in domestic cases.
The Dolphins said last month they were aware of the Landry investigation.