Students Treated After Ingesting Substance at Miami School - NBC 6 South Florida

Students Treated After Ingesting Substance at Miami School

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Students Treated After Ingesting Substance at Miami School

    Some area middle school students had to be treated after reportedly ingesting a substance, according to school officials. (Published Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015)

    Some area middle school students were transported to the hospital after ingesting a substance, according to school officials.

    The incident happened around 1:15 p.m. Tuesday at Paul W. Bell Middle School at 11800 Northwest 2nd Street in Miami.

    Officials said seven students ingested an unknown medication and alcohol.

    Four students were transported to Kendall Regional Hospital, two students were transported to Baptist Hospital, and one student was transported to Nicklaus Children's Hospital.

    Their conditions ranged from stable to good.

    Officials said the students' parents were contacted and were en route to the hospitals. The students were accompanied by a staff member from the school.

    Students who spoke to NBC 6 said the kids involved are in eighth grade.

    No further information has been released about the incident.

    Check back with NBC 6 for updates on this developing story.

    Get the latest from NBC 6 anywhere, anytime