Two people were transported to the hospital after a duplex caught fire in the Little Haiti neighborhood.
Three adults and a 4-year-old child were in the duplex on Northwest 64th Street when the fire began. The adults tried extinguishing the flames and left the smoking home before Miami Fire Rescue arrived on scene.
Next door, a group of teenagers were sleeping as smoke started to fill their unit. They had no idea there was a fire next door, authorities said. Firefighters were able to rescue the teens before the fire spread.
Two adults were taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.