Allapattah House Fire Sends 3 Family Members to Hospital

Boy, 15, suffers severe burns in early morning house fire

A teen boy was hospitalized with severe burns and two other family members were also hospitalized after a fire broke out in a house in Allapattah early Tuesday, officials said.

The fire broke out around 4:40 a.m. at the home at 253 Northwest 46th Street, Miami Fire-Rescue spokesman Lt. Ignatius Carroll said.

According to Carroll, a 15-year-old boy suffered severe burns to his arms and face and was taken to Ryder Trauma Center. His mother, who suffered from smoke inhalation, and his 29-year-old brother were also hospitalized, Carroll said.

Man Found Shot to Death in Alley in Hollywood

The teen's father was evaluated at the scene but not hospitalized.

Carroll said the older brother was woken up by the smoke and heat and alerted his father, who helped get everyone out of the house. It took firefighters about 30 minutes to contain the fire.

"This family is very lucky to get out," Carroll said.

Man Critical After Police-Involved Shooting in Miami

The rear of the home suffered severe damage in the fire, though it's unknown how the fire started, Carroll said. The incident is being investigated.

More Local Stories:

Contact Us