A 3-year-old boy was airlifted to the hospital after he was badly burned by his older sister who was playing with a lighter at their southwest Miami-Dade home Tuesday, officials said.
The incident happened at the home in the 14000 block of Southwest 269th Terrace.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue responded to the scene and took the boy by helicopter to Jackson Memorial Hospital. His exact condition was unknown.
Police also responded to the scene and said the 5-year-old sister burned the boy when his clothes caught on fire from the lighter. Their mother was home at the time, police said.
They are now investigating whether the incident was an accident.